The 2013 Summer Institute took place on May 15th, 2013 all day. Several faculty and staff participated in the professional development sessions and you can see some pictures taken during the Institute here.
The 2013 Summer Institute was a great event. About twenty faculty and staff attended our day of professional development workshops and lectures as well as our The Technology Horizon Roundtable lunch and our Popcorn Debrief. If you were not able to attend our Summer Institute you can find some of the resources shared on the program below. If you have a Thinklink.com account, please sign in and click on the hot spots for presentation file or takeaway handouts (you can also sign in with your existing Twitter or Facebook accounts). If you don’t have a Thinklink.com, Twitter, nor a Facebook account and do not wish to create any of those accounts at the moment, please scroll to the bottom of this post for links to the resources. Summer Institute pictures can be seen here.
1. Play, Pause, Rewind: A Hands-On Introduction to Lecture Capture
2. Deep, Dark Secrets of Blackboard
3. Social Media 101
4. Ninja Googling
5. The Technology Horizon Roundtable
6. Copyright and Fair Use
7. Assessing Your Accessibility
8. Are You Up for the Challenge?: Challenge Based Learning
9. Google Drive
10. Interactive Classroom: Smartboards
11. ConnectED – A Conversation About Connected Learning