Think On!/CETL Mini-grants for Critical Thinking and Classroom Technology
Think On!, Texas Wesleyan’s Quality Enhancement Plan, and The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, are pleased to announce a Call for Proposals for the first annual mini-grant competition in Critical Thinking and Classroom Technology. This mini-grant is designed to fund the purchase of learning technologies that will be used in face to face, online, or hybrid courses in order to increase the critical thinking skills of students.
The maximum individual grant award will be $500. No more than two grants will be awarded. Only full-time faculty are eligible to apply. In order to receive the award, winners must agree to the following:
- Prepare a grant award report that details how the technology was used in class in support of the QEP learning objectives. This report will be no more than 1000 words and will be due to the QEP Director no later than April 15th, 2014.
- Share how the technology was used in class via a CETL Workshop or presentation at one of the yearly CETL events (Summer Institute or Fall Kickoff). The winner can work with CETL to prepare this presentation.
Applicants should submit the application below by September 27th including:
- A one page letter of application that details the following:
- The piece of learning technology requested and it’s cost
- How the learning technology will be used in class to foster, promote, and/or assess critical thinking in students. This description should specifically address the definition of critical thinking and the QEP student learning outcomes. While not all aspects of the definition or student learning outcomes need to be addressed, the proposal must include how the requested technology will be used to meet the specific outcomes outlined in the QEP.
- A brief letter of support from the applicant’s department chair and dean.